Top 5 Interviewing Tips From Recruiters
When interviewing with any company in any industry, you want to be at the top of your game. The entire point is to make the best impression possible while ensuring that your needs are met in conjunction with the interviewing party’s needs.
Below, you will find some of the 5 top interviewing tips that our recruiting firm has come up with in order to help you ace that next interview.
1. Know the industry – The more you know about the industry in which you are interviewing with, the better off you are going to be.
Even if you don’t end up using all of the knowledge that you gained through research, your confidence level will be significantly higher going into the meeting.
2. Have a resume that predicts the questions which are going to be asked – Many job applicants don’t look over their resume enough; this is despite the fact that many of the questions asked on interviews is derived from the content put on their CV.
As an interviewer, make sure that you can predict the questions that are going to be asked by looking over your CV and alter accordingly until you get questions that will make you look like an all-star.
3. Gain a firm understanding of what the interviewer and, subsequent company wants – The best interviewers come out of the meeting knowing exactly what the potential employer wants and, thus can decide whether the job is something that they will like.
Listening, in both life and interviews, is typically the best form of communication.
4. Stay away from generic terms – When interviewing, stay away from using generic terms like “entrepreneurial” and “hard working.” Make sure that your answers have some substance and this comes from practicing and knowing about both the industry and company in which your interviewing with.
5. Be on board – Act as if you’re a team player and you understand / are into what the interviewer is saying. Some of the best interviewers simply use their body language and facial expressions to get them to the second round of interviewing.
Become one of these interviewers and you should be enjoying a successful meeting and should be moving on to the next round.
In the End
Interviewing skills can mean the difference between a lackluster position and a great job. The most successful people in business put in a lot of time and effort to increase their odds of finding the right position.
Work hard at your interviewing skills, follow the above tips and you should be landing a position that will bring success for years to come.